Writing text in circles, in Photoshop, has become used more and more often. This is done to create seals, various postcards, logos and booklets. But the most important thing is to understand the principle of work, and where exactly to apply this skill will help your imagination. With Photoshop, you can write text in a circle, or on any curved line.
Making a circular text
Writing a circular text in Photoshop is quite easy. You can do this in two ways: distort the written text, or make an outline, and write text on it. These options have both advantages and disadvantages.
Method #1: Through distortion
- First, you need to write the text;
- On the tool settings panel, at the top of the working window, you need to find the button with the letter T, which is responsible for the text deformation settings;
- After clicking on this button, a list will appear, where you need to select the “Arc” style. In the window that opens, you need to make the bend – 100%. To do this, under the word Bend, pull the slider all the way to the right.
The advantage of this option is that it is possible to write two inscriptions opposite each other, so that you get a circle. To do this, just create a duplicate of the layer with the text and move the “Bend” slider all the way to the left in the deformation settings.
The advantage here will be that the inscription, which is at the bottom, will be written in the same way as the top one, that is, it will be easy to read and will not be upside down.
There is one disadvantage of this method: the readability of the text is slightly impaired when written.
Method #2: through the outline
In order to draw an outline, you can use the tool “Pen”, or select “Shapes” in the left toolbar. It’s easy enough to do.
To draw an outline with the Shapes tool, follow the instructions:
- On the left side of the toolbar, click on the circle icon. There we select the Ellipse tool.
- On the toolbar you need to select the fill color of your choice. The most important thing is that the outline of the circle does not merge with the background on which it will be drawn. All parameters of the ellipse can be set in the upper tool’s settings panel;
- Then, you should press the Shift button on your keyboard and, holding it, draw the circle with the mouse;
- The next step is to select the tool “Text”, bring the cursor to the edge of the circle (a wavy line, not a circle, should appear in the middle of the cursor) and click with the left mouse button. After the cursor blinks, you can start writing.
After writing, the figure can be deleted or used as a decoration for a trademark. We will delete it:
- The advantage of this option, unlike the first, is that the text looks readable and does not deteriorate.
- The disadvantage is that the text is written on the outline and appears reversed at the bottom. If you had to do it this way, then all in good.
There are times when you want the text at the bottom is not upside down. To do this, you need to do the following steps:
- On the left, on the toolbar, select the Freeform tool;
- In the tool’s settings panel, open the list of shapes and choose “Thin round frame”;
- Hold down SHIFT on the keyboard and draw the shape;
- After that, you should choose the Text tool and set the alignment on the toolbar to the center;
- Now bring the cursor to the outline of the drawn figure, and click the left mouse button on the inside of the outline. The text will be written over the figure;
- To write the text from below and it won’t be inverted, you should select the layer with the figure again and click with the left mouse button on the bottom of the circle, but from the outside;
- After that, enter the necessary text and get this result;
- We remove the outline by removing the layer with the figure, choose the desired font color (we settled on our company color) and get the final version.
That’s it! Circle text skills in Photoshop will help in creating virtual seals and various design elements.